So, for whatever reason, if you have forgotten your Facebook password, before resetting it, let’s have a look at “how you can recover your Facebook password on your Android phone” or in other words “how you can see your existing Facebook password on Android phone”.
First of all, let me tell you that Facebook doesn’t provide any native way to recover or see the existing Facebook password. So without wasting your time by hovering on the Facebook settings, follow the post till the end.
there are a couple of ways to recover or see your current Facebook password on Android phones. Those are given below.
How to Recover or See Current Facebook Password Using Google Password Manager:
You already know that Google saves all the passwords if you tap on “YES” on the pop-up notification asking that “whether you want to save the login credentials?”. If you have saved your Facebook password on your Google account, you will be able to see or recover your current Facebook password from the Google Password Manager. You can open Google Password Manager either from your Android Phone settings or from any internet browser.
- Open Phone Settings and then tap on Google (or sometimes Accounts) option, or from the internet browser open the URL https://myaccount.google.com
- On your phone, tap on “Manage Your Google Account“
- Now navigate to the “Security” option.
- Scroll below and find “Password Manager” and then tap on it.
- Here you will see the list of all websites or applications along with the saved password.
- Facebook from the list and then tap on it to see the current password.
- While you tap on Facebook, Google will ask you to verify the account. So verify first by providing the required information to see your Facebook password.
Once you have verified, you will see the user name and password. Now tap on the “EYE” icon to see your existing Facebook password.
How to Recover or See Your Facebook Password on Internet Browser’s Password Manager:
Chrome, Mozilla, etc also have their own password manager. So if you have saved your Facebook password on the internet browser, you will be able to see or recover your Facebook password from the internet browsers.
How to Recover or See Facebook Password on Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome browser on your Android phone.
- Tap on the “three dots” at the top of the right side.
- Tap on “Settings” and then tap on “Password“.
- Now find Facebook from the list of websites and then tap on it.
- Now tap on the “EYE” icon to see your current Facebook password.
How to Recover or See Facebook Password on Mozilla:
- Open Mozilla Firefox on your Android phone.
- Tap on the “Three-dots” at the bottom of the right corner and then tap on “Settings“
- Now tap on Logins and password.
- Tap on “Saved logins“.
- Now enter your phone’s pattern, password or fingerprint to access the password manager.
- Tap on Facebook to see your Facebook password.
How to Recover or See Facebook Password on Opera Mini:
- Open Opera Mini on your Android phone.
- Tap on the “O” icon and then tap on Settings.
- Navigate to the “Advanced” option and then tap on “Saved Password“.
These are the methods to see or recover the Facebook password. But these only work if you have saved your Facebook password before. Hence if you didn’t save your Facebook password before, then you won’t be able to see or recover your Facebook password by no means. However, you can still be able to reset your Facebook password easily. Here’s how it is
How to Reset Facebook Password:
To reset the Facebook password, you must need to have access to the phone number or email id associated with your Facebook account.
- Open Facebook on your Android phone.
- Tap on “Forgotten password?“
- Type the email id or phone number on the box.
- Now tap on “Search” and then tap on “Continue” (Before proceeding further, make sure the Facebook Id shown on the phone is yours)
- Enter the captcha if asked.
- Enter the six-digit code that you have received on your phone or email id.
- Now Facebook will ask you to enter the new password.
- Type the new password and then tap on “Continue“
- Once you have entered the new password, you will be redirected to your Facebook account.
Does It Possible to Reset Your Facebook Password If You Have Forgotten The Email Id or Mobile Number:
Yes, it is possible to reset your Facebook password if you have forgotten the associate email id or mobile number.
- Visit this page – https://www.facebook.com/login/identify
- Then type the Facebook profile name.
- Tap on “Search“
- Now you will see the list, match the profile picture and name and then tap on “This is my account“.
- Tap on “Continue” and then enter the six-digit code on the box.
- Now type a new password and tap on “Continue” to access your Facebook account.
Does It Safe to Save Facebook Password on Google Account or Internet Browser:
If you save your Facebook password on any internet browser, then the password is encrypted and is stored along with the encryption key on your phone. Hence, it is likely to be easy for the hacker to steal the Facebook password. On the other hand, if you save the Facebook password on your Google account, then the encrypted password and the encryption key is stored on Google’s database. Hence there is less chance of getting hacked the Facebook password. Though again it depends on you how much you trust Google’s security.
But what I would like to recommend you is that instead of saving your Facebook password try to use two-factor authentication and reset your Facebook password at least two times in a year for better security.
That’s it about how to see/recover existing Facebook password on Android phone. Hope you will find this post useful, if so then share it with those who need this. And finally, if you have any questions in your mind then comment below, I will reach you ASAP.